AID APO E APO B-100 PCR Kit – Detecting hyperlipoproteinemia risk alleles
RDB 2050 Apo E + B
ApoE is a serum protein and is involved in the transport, storage and metabolism of cholesterol.
Hyperlipoproteinemia is mostly associated with risk allele ApoE-ε2. Studies show that 94,4% of patients are homozygous for ε2. On the other side only about 2% of people homozygous for ApoE-ε2 develop clinical phenotype of type III. Therefore further genetic or environmental factors must be involved in the development of the disease.
ApoB-100 is involved in metabolizing of cholesterol. Mutation Arg3500Gln of ApoB-100 gene results in reduced activity and a rise of cholesterol level in blood. This dysfunction in lipid metabolism results in a higher risk for hyperlipoproteinemia or arteriosclerosis.
AID Apo E + B Kit enables detection of risk alleles ApoE-ε2 and ApoB-100 Arg3500Gln.
- Detection of the risk alleles for hyperlipoproteinemia ApoE-ε2 and ApoB-100 Arg3500Gln
- Differentiation between homozygous and heterozygous genotypes
- PCR with subsequent lineprobe assay
- Specimen: human DNA isolated from buccal swab, Citrate- or EDTA-blood or biopsy
Control bands on every strip show correct DNA isolation, amplification and hybridization
- Results within 4 hours
- Suited for automated systems
- Evaluation and documentation with AID Scanning system