Detection of homozygous and heterozygous AS-risk alleles
It is well known that there is a close connection between the HLA-B*27 allele and ankylosing spondylitis (AS; synonym: Bechterew’s disease). About 90-95% of all patients suffering from AS are HLA-B*27 positive, with a phenotypic frequency of approx. 7-9% in Caucasians.
Because of this high association with the disease, the typifying of HLA-B*27 is suitable for the differential diagnosis of Spondylitis ankylosans. The other seronegative spondylarthritides are also associated to a high percentage with HLA-B*27.
AID HLA-B*27 Kit enables the detection of risk allele for ankylosing spondylitis.
- Differentiation between homozygous and heterozygous AS-risk allele HLA-B*27
- PCR with subsequent lineprobe assay
- Specimen: human DNA isolated from buccal swab, Citrate- or EDTA-blood or biopsy
- Also suited for direct-PCR from blood
- Control bands on every strip show correct DNA isolation, amplification and hybridization
- Results within 4 hours
- Suited for automated systems
- Evaluation and documentation with AID Scanning system
- Art.no.: RDB 2300