specific T cell reactivity
Human cytomegalovirus (HCMV), a member of the herpesvirus family, establishes life-long persistence and latency after primary infection as all other Herpesviruses. The sera prevalence in Germany is around 47% for pregnant women and 77% for kidney transplant patients (Source: RKI Epidemiologisches Bulletin 3/2014). Infectious particles can be detected in tear fluid, salvia, urine, genital secretions, breast milk and of course, blood. It can be reactivated later in life and for immunosuppressed patients it is an important pathogen that can cause severe disease. HCMV is also thought to play a causative role in inflammatory diseases and cancer.
HCMV infection induces a humoral and cellular immunresponse. Several studies show that HCMV-specific T cells play an important role in the control of infection.
The AID CMVSpot Assay measures the CMV-specific immune response by detecting CMV specific T cells.
- Compatible Peptide pools (IE1 (immediate early) and pp65 (late structural protein)) for stimulation of CD4+ and CD8+ T cells
- Functional control included in the kit
- Blood collection with standard blood tubes
- High grade of standardization
- Automatic evaluation and documentation with AID-Reader System and software
- Art.no.: ELSP 5530